Wednesday 22 September 2010

First Few Days of Class

Hey everyone! From my dorm room about 5pm Wednesday September 22, 2010. I've finally had all my classes by today, and they definitely are gonna be tough (seeing as I'm taking 2 more classes than everyone I know), but I'm really enjoying it so far! It's nice because all my classes are in the same area (called the King's Buildings) about a 10 minute bus ride from the center of campus. The studying has already ensued and I'm thinking about going to get some books before dinner. And totally weird thing, I saw a kid from UCSD who also is a Mechanical Engineer studying here! Small world! Then this weekend, I get to go on my homestay to a family that lives in the city of Penrith in the county of Cumbria in England, so I'm really looking forward to it! Apparently it's in the lake district of England, so I'm sure the scenery will be magnificent! I'll be sure to take lots of pictures. I leave on the 24th and get back on the 26th, so it will be a nice weekend with a British family.
Well, that's about all for now, but until next time, hope all's well!

1 comment:

  1. Ryan, sounds like classes will be tough. If anyone is up for the challenge, you are. Have a fantastic time in England. I hear the lake district is beautiful. Please post some pictures of it and if you have one of the Pope, post that one too!

    Lots of Love, Dad.

    ReplyDelete